Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New job

For the past two years I have worked at the girls school.  It was just a few hours a week, hardly enough to file a tax return.  So now that I am done being PTA president and both girls are in school all day I decided to take a new job with more hours.  I am still working at the girls school, but this year as a title one aid.  I was a little nervous when the school year started and we were informed that if we wanted to have a job this year we needed to have either a two year degree or higher, or take a test to prove we were highly qualified. I had to take the test and I was terrified, but I passed and it even reminded me that I'm smarted than I think.
So I've been working for the past two weeks and I really like it, but it is kicking my butt.  I work with 5 different groups of kids, which means 5 different lesson plans.  It is mentally exhausting and physically exhausting keeping their attention and I only work half a day.  I really do like it though, and most importantly, I already feel like I'm marketing a difference for these kids.

No comments: