Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Here are some pictures of our newly remodeled Kitchen!
We hired Carolina Cabinets to install the cabinets but Jon
and I did the rest of the work. Painting, electrical, pluming,
new floor and Jon's pride and joy the under cabinet lighting.
We were only planning on getting a new
dishwasher and microwave but ended up
getting a new stove as a gift from our
We chose to do corian counter tops.
We did a built in bench and got a new
table and chairs.
I had never decorated my old kitchen because
I never liked it before. So I had lots of fun
decorating this time. I had lots of special
nick knacks that were perfect for the kitchen.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
She has to wear a helment when she rides. She really loves it.
I like that she is not only learning to ride but that she had to
help groom the horse and get it ready to ride.
She has gotten good enough to trot byherself.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
So it has been pretty fun to watch them this time around. We have had some very late nights this week. So here are a few random observations about the Olympics.
What is up with gymnasts and blue eyeshadow?
And why do gymnasts where so many of those clippy things in their hair? Couldn't they at least take the time to find a matching set and if they are going to cover their head in them could they at least match them to their leotards.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to see Michael Phelps but before the end of this. Have you seen how low he wears that swim thing?
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Here are my six things
1. I meet my husband when I was 15. We were married when I was 18 and I love him more now than I ever have. I didn't know I would ever be this happy.
2. I hate housework. We finished remodeling our kitchen and I really want to keep it clean but I'm just not programed to clean as I go. And it is really a challenge for me to be tidy.
3. I'm addicted to Free cell. (like solitaire only better) I could spend an entire day happily at my computer.
4. I'm also obsessed with weddings. I love watching wedding shows. I especially love the dresses. I some day would love to be a wedding planner.
5. I gave birth to Carly naturally, but not by choice. I would love to give birth naturally again and be more aware of what is going on, and not be in such a panic. But I don't really want to be pregnant or have another child. weird I know.
6. I really like public speaking unless the public is under 12 and then I'm terrified. Groups of
children scare me.
Now as for tagging someone else, if any one reads this and wants to be tagged consider yourself tagged.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
We also decided it was time to move her out of her car seat and into a booster seat. She wanted a flower one. She actually needs to gain a pound to reach the 30 minimum weight requirement but we put it in anyway.
Carly took a tumble at Grandma Alice's house on Saturday and split her eye open. She didn't have to have a stitch but it sure looks nasty.