Sunday, March 7, 2010

What a weekend.

Our weekend got off to a bad start and kept getting worse. Thursday Carly the girl with the iron immune system (Seriously the kid lick every railing in Disneyland and didn't get sick) caught a cold. She had the worst hacking cough. Then Friday morning Bri woke up with flu like symptoms. So we spent the day on the couch which was no fun for Willow, Bri's riding teacher's daughter who we were tending. Late in the day we got a call from Bri's riding teacher who had very bad news. Jewels, the horse who took Bri on her wild ride, had gotten colic and had to be put down. So we drove Willow home and Bri went down to see Jewels and took a moment to say good bye. She asked me on the way home if horses go to heaven. I told her that heaven wouldn't be heaven for people like her if there were no horses. Bri was looking forward to riding Jewels again and she will really be missed.



Jewels


We spent the evening camped out on the couch and about 9 we got a call from Jon's dad telling us that his mom had been admitted to the hospital with an irregular heart beat. She is doing fine now and came how this afternoon but she certainly gave us a scare.


Saturday was a bit better as the girls both felt better but it was your typical Saturday running around and not really getting anything done.

Early Sunday morning (2am) Carly came in complaining of an earache She was up most of the rest of the night. We finally got to sleep just it time for the alarm to wake me. I had to be up early to get the weekly broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word. My friend Sheila made her debut with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I love watching it every week but have never been to a live broadcast so I was so happy for the chance to go support my friend.


Sheila is in the gray coat in the middle. It was a really great experience and I was so happy to be include.


Now I'm going to try to get a nap in before I have to finish dinner to bring to my in-laws.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Sorry about horse, I bet that was so sad! I hope the girls stay well. I'm glad you were still able to go and see them sing!

Jeana Bird said...

Sorry about Jewels...I am glad Bri could say goodbye. Hopefully the girls are feeling better.