Wednesday, September 17, 2008

To nap, or not to nap?

So Carly has reached that lovely age where she has out grown naps. The problem is that she really does still need them. So if I don't make her take a nap, she melts down around 5 and then follows me around the house crying and our lives are hell until we put her to bed. Or if I do make her take a nap she won't go to sleep and ends up wandering around the house and bugging me till 11 and eventually sleeping on my floor. So which is worse. It is my daily question.

3 comments:

Jillo said...

I am with you on this on. I will get Weston to sleep and swear that I will only let him nap 1/2 hour, but then the peace is so lovely it ends up being two hours at least. And then we have the 11:00 bedtime. SO then he is grumpy the next day so I get him to sleep thinking I will only let him sleep 1/2....... can you see where I am going with this?
I hate this in between naps stage.

stacey said...

Let me know when you figure it out, I have the same problem with my 2 1/2 year old!

Rachel Banks said...

I am a strong believer in early and short naps. About an hour around 1 o'clock. I make Sicily lay down (sometimes even watching tv) and then wake her up at 2 ish. I can't handle it any other way. There were nights when we were up to 11:00 or other nights where she was asleep by 7:00 and up at 5:00 am. NO WAY!!!