Sunday, August 9, 2009

Night at the symphony

My Mom plays the cello and my Dad plays the Bass so growing up I spent a lot of time at the symphony. I loved it. I really enjoy classical music and want kids to have an appreciation for it also. So Friday night when my mom invited us to the symphony we were very excited to go. It was at an out door amphitheater in the mountains and it was absolutely beautiful.

the symphony we heard was Peter and the Wolf and before the performance they had a instrument petting zoo. It was so much fun to watch the girls and to see the little child sized versions of the instruments.

Playing the cello like grandma.

Violin

The instruments were so little and cute.

the flute.
Clarinet

they wouldn't allow pictures of the performance, but it was great. They had Ballet dancers and a great narrator.

The girls had a great time having a picnic on the mountain side.


We really had a great time. Even Daddy said it was fun. Hopefully this will be the first of many nights at the symphony.

No comments: