Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I did it!

I survived my year as PTA president.  It's been about two and a half since I since I said I would be the president and it has also been two years of almost constant worry and anxiety.  I really felt like I didn't have what it would take to do it.  I'm not very organized, I tend to procrastinate, I don't delegate well,  the list goes on and on. I woke up in a panic more times than I could count, but in the end I did it, and I did a pretty darn good job too (If I do say so myself). I didn't do it alone, I had so many great people helping me along the way and I couldn't have done it without them.   Aside from all the anxiety I really did love doing it.  So many times when I would wonder if it was really worth it one of the kids would walk how with me and tell me a story or want to give me a hug.  I know I made a difference in the lives of many of those kids, if only by making school a bit more fun. I also made so many good friends. So if I can do it, you can do it.  So get involved, it's worth it!

No comments: