Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Start them young

I don't remember my mom ever teaching me how to sew. I just did. I do remember her sewing a lot. I would wait for the scraps and then fashion them in to a dress for my barbie. Somewhere along the line My creations went from just wrapping my barbies mummy style to being actual sewn dresses. But in my memory I've always known how to sew. I loved to help pin the patterns and I would sit and pull the pins out as my mom sewed.
We still have 2 more weeks left off track and we are getting a little stir crazy. Aunt Misit gave the girls some sewing kits for Christmas so we pulled them out the other day and had some fun. The girls were really good and didn't need very much help at all.





Brianna made a pig.

and Carly made a cute little bunny.
They already think that I can make anything so hopefully they will soon learn that they can make anything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeana Bird said...

What cute sewing kits and you can make anything! It is such a talent you have (one of many)!

Anonymous said...

So cool! I didn't realize little kids can do basic sewing projects - now I can't wait to try some out with my kiddos.

PS - Thanks for the music tip on SuperMom Central. We're totally going to check it out - of course I love Sandra Boynton!