Sunday, November 15, 2009

Reflections

Last Year Brianna entered one of her drawings in the school's reflections competition and it was a bit of a disappointing experience. She didn't win anything and was devastated. She decided early on that she would enter again but this time she would do something different than a drawing. She entered a picture she had taken this summer while we were in Yellowstone.
So the evening of the awards ceremony as we were walking over to the school she said to me
"Mom even if I don't win anything tonight I'm going to be okay, I'm not going to be sad." I was so proud of her good attitude. Little did she know that I had gotten a call and knew she was going to be getting an award.


She received an award of merit.

She was so happy!

group photo.


The masterpiece.

I'm so proud of my sweet girl. Not only for doing well in reflections but for having such a great attitude.

1 comment:

Rachel Banks said...

That's a great shot! She did very well.