Sunday, October 12, 2008

Those were the days

Yesterday evening I watched a very nicely dressed boy with corsage in hand picking up one of our neighbor girls for the Homecoming dance. Then today at church all the girls were in their fancy dresses and their droopy corsages. It made me a little nostalgic. Jon and I went to most of the dances together in high school, including Homecoming. In fact it was the first dance we went to together, only we both had different dates. I went with a friend of his and he was with another girl, but we were in the same group. It was the night I realized what a gentleman he was, and soon after that we started dating each other.



This was Homecoming my junior year. My mom made my dress. And I think we look pretty darn good.

Now we don't have very many occasions to dress up, and even less to go dancing. Last year Jon's company had a big Christmas party with a fancy dinner and dancing. It was so fun and reminded us of our high school days. I even convinced Jon to dance with me.


We may be older and heavier, but we still look good together. And Jon will always be my sweetheart and best friend.

2 comments:

Jillo said...

Woot woot! Check out those "I am 17and super hot legs" You guys are a cute couple, then and now. :)

stacey said...

So CUTE! I sometimes wished I had those old school dances with Ben. I can't believe how fast time goes by! Still a very cute couple :)