Thursday, February 12, 2009

My latest project








I love quilting. I think quilts are beautiful and it amazes me how they change from step to step in the process. I love picking a pattern and then the colors and seeing what will turn out. I would love to someday own a quilting machine but I do really enjoy hand quilting. it relaxes me. And it makes me feel connected to my past. (cheesy I know) My grandmothers were quilters and some of my best memories are of tying quilts with them and when I was little playing under the quilt frames as my mom and grandma quilted.

Several years ago I was given some quilt squares that my Great Grandma Ada Susanna had made. I never met this grandma, she died before I was born . I finally have made them into a quilt top.



It's so much fun to see the vintage fabrics and think about what they might have made with it.



This is the top pieced together and waiting for me to quilt. I have a small lap frame that I use and I can sit and quilt at night while I watch my shows.

It will probably be spring before I finish.



1 comment:

Jeana Bird said...

This is such a beautiful quilt! You have so many talents.