Thursday, April 22, 2010

National Park Geeks

When I was little my family didn't go on many vacations. I only remember 2 vacations when I was young. Jon's family on the other hand had a motor home and went on many vacations. I remember when Jon and I were driving to California for our honeymoon and thinking it was the biggest adventure we had been on and thinking someone was going to stop us. When we started our family I knew that family vacations would be an important part of our lives.


We have always enjoyed visiting the National Parks. We went to Yellowstone, Zion and Mt. Rushmore before we were married. And our trip to Yellowstone with friends the summer before we had Bri was one of the funnest trips to date. This past fall we watched a Ken Burns documentary on PBS (see we are old fuddy duddys) called National Parks; Americas Best Idea, it was a very, very good program(you should watch it if you get the chance) renewed our interest in visiting the parks. Jon and I have made a goal to try to visit as a many National Parks as we can, and drag our poor children along with us.


We are so lucky to live where we do and have so many National Parks to choose from. So for our most recent vacation we chose to go to Moab, UT, where we could go to both Aches and Canyonlands National Parks.



Lots and lots of Pictures to follow

No comments: