Sunday, November 9, 2008

31

This is a long one folks.


I saw this one day when I was blog stalking and it got me thinking. So I have been thinking of 31 things or people that most influenced my life. Why 31? Because I turn 31 today, of course.

1. Moving to Utah. I was only 3 but it obviously changed my life.
2. Rachel Lee (Banks)
3. Tiff Waldron (Houston)
I met Rachel and Tiffany when I was 3. I'm happy they are still my friends today.
But they were who I learned how to be a friend from.
4. Annie I loved this musical when I was a kid. Music has always played a big part in my life.
5. My Baptism.
6. Utah Opera & Sandy Musicals
7. Natalie Nelson I met Nat the first day of middle school. She was a good friend for alot of years and helped me through a lot of rough times. Sadly we have parted ways. I miss her.
8. Mrs. Walton this is strange one I know, but she encouraged me to dance even though I didn't look like a dancer. She really helped me to accept my body.
9. 2nd period Girls chours. What a fun class where I met some great friends.
10. Jill Roundy (Oaks) I've know Jill since middle school, but we didn't really get to be friends till high school. She is sill my best friend, I even named on of my girls after her. She is such and amazing mom and I really value her advice. I really admire her. I don't know what I'd do with out her.
11. Brother Thurson was my seminary teacher my jounior year. He helped me get through the worst year of my life. It is because of him I still have faith today.
12. My parents divorce. Sucked, But I know I never want to go through that or put my children through it. I think I work harder at being married and learned from their mistakes.
13. Mr. Bently (I know he is Dr. now but he was Mr. to me.) taught me I can change lives with music.
14. Vocal Ensamble
15. Getting married at 18
16. My dad living with us.
17. Nora Roberts, cheesy I know but her books reminded me how much I love to read and what a great escape from reality it is. She also introduced me to a great group of ladies and helped me to step out of my comfort zone and have some great adventures.
18. Infertility
19. Brianna my sweet little girl. I didn't know I could love so much until I had her. I learn from her everyday.
20. The miscarriage of my 3 rd baby. I lost this baby at 17 weeks. It was one of the wost days of my life. By I learned so much from it.
21. Carly's Birth. I had Carly very fast and with out drugs. I realized how strong I am.
22. Carly my little monster. I love Carly so much, but it is a good thing she is so cute and sweet, because she is a handful.
23. Bertha Blondquist, is a 92 year-old woman who lives on my street. For her 90th birthday she crochet 90 baby hats to donate. She is serving people every day even thought she can't get around very well. I want to grow up to be just like her.
24. My brother Jon. Jon is one of the best people I know. He is always willing to help, even if he doesn't want to, but is quiet in his service
25. My sister Jen. We have always fought the way sisters do, but for a lot of years we weren't friends. Now I don't know what I'd do with out her. She is the best aunt to my girls and we have become the best of friends.
26. My family, for many years after my parents divorce my family was broken. I learned that we can have our differences and still love each other.
27. 9/11 It changed all of our lives. Jen lived in NY at the time and I've never been so scared in my life.
28. My Dad
29. Bompy, My Bompy passed away this past spring. It was very hard for me to let him go and I still get a little sad about it sometimes. He was a great example of service and determination. What a life he lead. I'm sad my girls will probably not remember him. He loved them so much.
30. My Mom. So probably doesn't think she is a great influence on my life but I saw how much she sacrificed for us and how hard she works still. I really love her and she is always there for me whenever or for whatever I need her. She is always a friend to the friendless.
31. Jon where would I be without Jon. I love him so much. He is truly a partner and I love working with him. I think we are the perfect team. He loves me no matter what I look like. He is the most giving person I have ever met. I'm so lucky to get to share my life with him.

So there it is. The sum of my life so far. I like my life and I think I have become a pretty good person, thanks to some pretty incredible people I have been blessed to know.

3 comments:

Rachel Banks said...

You are an amazing person. Your blog makes me feel so good. I am so happy that you are happy. Happy Birthday Alison! I couldn't have asked for a better friend than you. 31 years! AHHH

Jillo said...

Al, this is beautiful! What a great post. I love your list. Happy Birthday! Here's to at least 31 more!

stacey said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day :) and wish you a very wonderful year!

Stacey